Friday, October 4, 2013

Visible Woman

I first saw the Visible Woman in the Divine Design, a local consignment store at the loop here in Mobile, AL. There was another box with the Visible Man, which had been sold by the second time I went to check. I have a wonderful young friend who is interested in anatomy, and so I had gone back to Divine Design to see what the age range for the toy was.

I read on the box that my friend was still too young for the plastic set with many small parts. And the plastic, both the clear plastic "skin" and the bones and organs to be glued within felt flimsy. So I left the store without it for a second time, thinking I might google it sometime and see what others thought of its construction materials.

I found some okay reviews of the Visible Woman online. I teach yoga and I have promised myself I will learn anatomy, so I went back the third time to Divine Design. Once again, the plastic seemed thin. And I didn't know if she even had all her parts. But, I reminded myself, I did come back a third time. I went to pay, and the salesperson said that the Visible Man had been sold to someone who wanted to use him as a model for a wellness training--maybe for the UCP (http://greatnonprofits.org/org/united-cerebral-palsy-of-mobile-inc). I said I would use mine, therefore, in a yoga class to demonstrate anatomy.


No comments:

Post a Comment